CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 20, 2008

The Balloon Fiesta

By best friends Kenna and my sister-in-law Jessica flew down from Utah to visit Max and I and for the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta! They flew in on a Friday I pick them up at the airport at 10:30 but I had a physics test( which I got an A-) so they had to hangout on campus for a little bit. Fortunately, Becca didn’t have a class so she was able to entertain them. After we went back to our house and did a little hobo watching. I think Jessica was a little worried about sleeping here that night after seeing all the strange hobos walking around our house.


The next Morning we went to the Mass Ascension. This is about an hour or two were tons of balloon blow up and take off. This was my first time and I have to say it is pretty awesome!!!! I think Kenna and Jessica thought the same!



We did a little Geocaching in between conference sessions


The next afternoon we went to the Balloon Glow, here they have balloons lined up in row with space in between for people to walk. At dusk the announcer counts down from ten and on one all the balloonist first fire their balloons for an “all glow”. Its really need to see all the colors from the balloons.
Victoria's Secret Balloon


Max convinced Jess to split a turkey leg with him!


The girls were really lucky they came when they did. I kept trying to get them to come the following weekend but it didn’t work out with their schedules. The following weekend was really windy and most of the balloon events were canceled.

1 comment:

little MOEments said...

Wow...this brings back memories! when I was a little girl we used to go to the balloon festival in New Mexico because my dad often worked Taos, NM. It was always so early and a bit chilly, but so so beautiful. So glad you all got to enjoy it with good friends and family :)